The ÆGO™REEL provides efficient, high speed, continuous paper winding by starting a new paper log in turn-up position before the finished jumbo log is removed.
The reel is equipped with a spool synchronizer that starts spool rotation and prepares the empty spool for sheet turn-up. The turn-up operation is completed without slowing or stopping the paper machine. After the sheet turn-up to the empty spool is made, the completed jumbo roll is ejected and replaced by the new one.
The ÆGO™REEL is designed for ease of operation and control with many design features to improve mechanical and controls maintenance. When properly installed, operated and serviced, the ÆGO™REEL design offers long-lasting and reliable operation.
The ÆGO™REEL features the following PMT special controls:
- Empty spool storage with automated spool indexing and loading to primary arms
- Controlled primary arm nip relieving
- Controlled spool transfer from primary arms to secondary carriages
- Synchronized linear secondary carriages with precise, programmable nip loading
- Precise nip load measurement
- Center wind assist for optimum torque control
- Jumbo roll hydraulic decelerator/stopper
- Jumbo roll hydraulic brake
- Fully automated system that can also operate in manual or maintenance mode
- Complete diagnostics for ease of maintenance